24 HOUR HOTLINE
THERE´S NO EXCUSE FOR
Safety When Preparing To Leave
- Leave money, an extra set of keys, extra clothing, and keep copies of important documents with relatives or friends so you can leave quickly.
- Open a savings account to increase independence.
- The National Domestic Violence hot line number is 1-800-799-SAFE. Memorize it.
- Keep change for phone calls at all times.
- Understand that if you use a telephone credit card, the following month the telephone bill will list those numbers called. To keep telephone communications confidential, either use coins or get a friends permission to use their telephone credit card.
- Rehearse an escape plan and, as appropriate, practice it with the children.
Donate to Women's Aid in Crisis today
Note: Due to ineligibility or funding issues, not all services are available in every case
ALL SERVICES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND ARE PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE