A Teen Safety Plan
Are you afraid at home, school or on the street?
Safety At Home
- Call the police if you are afraid that you or someone else will be hurt
- Tell the operator where you are and give the address
- Tell the operator who is being hurt, and how.
- Practice how to get away from the violence safely (Doors, windows, stairs?)
- Find a safe place to hide
- Plan activities with your safety in mind.
Call Police For Help
Safety At School
If you, or someone else is afraid of being hurt, tell:
- School Nurse
- A Trusted Adult
Ask someone to help you write a safety plan
You Have The Right To Be Safe!
Safety On The Streets
If you are afraid of being hurt:
- Go to the nearest store and ask them to call the police.
- Go to the nearest neighbor and ask them to call the police
- Call the police from a pay phone. If there is no phone, store, or neighbor nearby, SCREAM! AS LOUD AS YOU CAN.
Donate to Women's Aid in Crisis today
Note: Due to ineligibility or funding issues, not all services are available in every case
ALL SERVICES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND ARE PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE